Thursday, January 8, 2009

Memphis

New Year's Day Taylor and I made our first trip alone with out the kids. When we knew ECU was going to be playing in the Liberty Bowl in Memphis we just had to go! First things first, we had to get the kids taken care of so I called Taylor's mom, Patti (aka Mimi), to see if she was off of work and if she would do it. There was no hesitation! She immediately said yes, and her only stipulation was that I made sure I had enough milk for Rainey Grace. So, with that taken care of we made our plans to go and we were thrilled that our college friends Zach, Tiffany and Jarrod were going to go as well! As well as some friends from my playgroup Kim and Jennifer along with their hubbies.
There was a lot of planning for the kids to make sure we had everything they needed since we would be gone for 3 whole days. Patti and I decided it would be easier for her and the kids if they stayed at our house so that was nice because I didn't have to pack all of their things up. I kept asking myself, "What am I doing leaving my 6 month old?!" But, I just had to keep telling myself that she would be fine and it would be good for Taylor and I.

So we made the trip to Memphis on New Years day and had a BLAST! We ate out, slept in, did a little sightseeing, tailgated, and of course went to the game and even though we lost we still had a great time! Of course, we called and checked in with Mimi a couple times a day and the kids did great! I want to give a big shout out to Mimi! Thank you for so much for taking care of our children so we could enjoy some time alone. We really appreciate you!

Here are a couple of pictures from our trip:


1 comment:

The Tittle Family said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great time! You needed a little break and what a fun trip to take! (that rhymes...haha)