Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's been a while...

Sorry for the lack of posting! I have been slacking on my blog mainly because I have so much fun reading everyone else's ha! Anyone else feel that way? I know I need to do better because this is really a great way to document our lives.
Anyways, back in March, my 2 friends and I did a 5k! Woo hoo! We trained since the beginning of the year and went through the coldest and rainiest of weather pushing our sweet little ones in the stroller and running! We did not train the whole time with them because it just got too hard to push them and try to run for 30 minutes straight so we started running together at night. All the of the hard work paid of because we did really great! We all finished around 32 minutes and it was really fun! We had all of our families there and some really great, supportive friends who have been there and rooted us on from the beginning. That meant so much to have that support system--and to still have it! Thanks everyone!
Here is a picture of us after the race with our kiddos...Strolling our way to a 5k!


We had a wonderful Easter spent with family and friends at the lake. We all got to visit with grandparents and great-grandparents, go on Easter egg hunts, treasure hunting in the water, and just enjoying our wonderful family who takes time and effort to come see us whenever we are home. I am very thankful for that and for the meaning of Easter--thanks to God who sent His son to die on the cross for me to have eternal life! Thank you Jesus!

We have been enjoying this wonderfully warm weather around here! Every day we go to the park, play outside, go for walks...just enjoying this after such a cold winter!
Rainey Grace and enjoyed her "bubbles" and asks to do that just about every day after her nap. She has a blast chasing them around and trying to blow them herself. Terry still loves to go on his scooter and ride his bike. We have great neighbors who we play with almost every afternoon, unless we go to the park.

I have been doing ok with weight watchers. This week I lost 1.4 and the week before 1.2. I really need to get back into planning meals though because that really helps me during the week. Running is going well. I have had bad shin splints for about a month or so now and have found that icing them after I run is really helpful. I am doing my second 5k this weekend...wish me luck!

Today was the last day of my bible study, Motherwise, that has been going on for about 8 weeks. We had small group time, a wonderful brunch, and some sharing time. It was a great study and I look forward to doing it again in the fall. My small group has gotten very close and we hope to get together over the summer. I learned a lot about myself as a wife and mother and it has been very rewarding!

Sorry about this really random post! Ha! We are looking forward to a busy and fun summer! T-ball starts tonight for Terry and he is super excited..I will have to post on that for sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 5K! That is awesome! I can't wait to see T-Ball pictures! :)